foREVer56

foREVer56

BACCANOID

• PSYCHO
  • 1580 posts
  • Favorite Year:2011
  • Favorite House:NOES, Catacombs, SH 3, ST III, IB, WN,Gothic
  • First HHN:2005
O.K. People! post anything and everything you have from the EP Night RIGHT HERE!!!!! We must know what went down and how it looks!!! Is the hype worth this year? What are the best houses/worst?scarezones? B&T?

XV-XVI-XVII-XVIII-XIX-XX-XXI-XXII-XXIII
HOS13
Favorite Houses:
2005: The Skool
2006: Screamhouse:Ressurection
2007: Nightmare on Elm Street:Dreamwalkers(All-Time Fav)
2008: Scary Tales: Once Upon A Nightmare
2009: Silver Screams
2010: Catacombs:Black Death Rising
2011: Winter's Night: The Haunting of Hawthorn Cemetry
2012: Gothic

2013: An American Werewolf in London
HOS13: Zombie Mortuary
BACCANOID

Stealth407

Stealth407

Don't mind me

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
When is the EP Night? Tonight?

PaulSF

PaulSF

Don't mind me

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • LocationAnywhere but here.

When is the EP Night? Tonight?

Yep. I'm looking forward to the reviews later tonight. I just hope they have the courtesy to spoiler warn and such when it comes to specifics.

Alexx(:

Alexx(:

I actually post here

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • LocationHaines City.
Okay so I went with my brother to The EP, and I thought the event in General was pretty awesome. Fear, is really lame. My favorite house was PsychoScareapy, and my favorite scarezone was ZombieGras. :D I didn't do everything, Bill and Ted was backed up about an hour, so I decided to do more houses, instead of the show, since i'm going on my birthday.

TeenageHorror23

TeenageHorror23

I actually post here

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts
  • LocationAuburndale, Fl
I managed to hit all of the houses except for Catacombs and Havoc, all of the scarezones, and Bill & Ted. Hallow'd Past and PS are my favorite houses, and Saws and Zombie Gras were my favorite zones. I was really dissapointed in Fear.. like.. really dissapointed. Everything was so great on Employee preview, and I can't even begin to fathom how much its going to grow. And a big thank you to the Saws N' Steam guys for making me run all the way down through NY. I may have pissed myself. Thanks. :)

Casey
Posted Image

RichieRocket

RichieRocket

I actually post here

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
Curious...

For the Fear Revealed scarezone,

Did the 2 Giant X's have Flames or anything on that top bar everyone was talking about in the construction thread?

Cody

Cody

I dont go outside

• PSYCHO
  • 821 posts
  • LocationLongwood, FL
  • Favorite Year:2008
  • Favorite House:Saws n' Steam: Into the Machine
  • First HHN:2006

Curious...

For the Fear Revealed scarezone,

Did the 2 Giant X's have Flames or anything on that top bar everyone was talking about in the construction thread?

I didn't see them in the videos I watched, but the flame bar is real. It's visible along the top and there are fire extinguishers at the ready.

HHN Scareactor
2012: Dark Legions - Beast (Cast A)
2012: An American Werewolf in London - Transforming David, Decayed Jack, Bald Nazi Demon, One-Armed Bobby, Subway Puppet, Alleyway Puppet (Cast A) Widows Peak Nazi (Cast B )

Resident Evil: Escape From Raccoon City - Evac Zombie (Cast A)

ThreeCircles

ThreeCircles

I actually post here

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

I was really dissapointed in Fear.. like.. really dissapointed.

Who wouldn't be? The event totally lacks a theme this year although you would never guess that by the screaming, blind fanboys. Fear is the theme? Really? :rolleyes:

Totally unimaginative and nothing more than a rehash year. Let's hope the quality of the houses and zones are top notch to make up for the theme, website, etc.

PWT

PWT

I actually post here

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
Any of you see any special effects in the houses? At least cool ones we haven't seen before? Also, what was the least scariest house? B&T good or bad? O:

Nightshade

Nightshade

I dont go outside

• PSYCHO
  • 860 posts
  • LocationOrlando
  • First HHN:2001

Who wouldn't be? The event totally lacks a theme this year although you would never guess that by the screaming, blind fanboys. Fear is the theme? Really? :rolleyes:

Totally unimaginative and nothing more than a rehash year. Let's hope the quality of the houses and zones are top notch to make up for the theme, website, etc.

Rehash? They created a new character to be this year's icon. Whether you like him or not, he's not rehashed. Neither is most of the event's other content. It sounds to me like you're grasping at straws just for the sake of negativity.

By the way, you're all disappointing me with the lack of reviews. Seriously. For shame.

dalejr24

dalejr24

Don't mind me

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Hey Everyone! new to posting but not to the boards :biggrin: I was able to go last night and unfortunately didnt get to see as much as I wanted, mainly due to the people I was with, but what I did see made me sooo excited to go again this weekend and I definitely saw a huge potential for a great season this year. I'll do my best to write what I can about the houses I went in, but because I was screaming my head off through most of them I didnt catch all the details. Here it goes:

Hallow'd Past: This was the first house of the night, and after walking out of it the first thing I thought was "this is definitely not the scariest house." Yes, there were a couple great moments of fear(not the character lol), but overall it kinda felt like a Horror Nights museum, not that I see that as a bad thing at all. For the most part you walked through rows of big shelves full of old props and scenery, which I thought was really cool and I cant wait to go back and actually catch all the details. The rest of the house honestly has no sense of story-line or flow. You walked from room to room jumping in and out of past houses, although it was fun walking into a room and recalling past memories. That's about all I can say about the house. Not to spoil anything for anyone, but here's some of the rooms I can remember:
Spoiler

Rating: 3/5

Catacombs: Second house of the night. This house definitely gives the feeling of walking through a very old underground crypt. The costumes were nothing like I expected and really compliment the back-story of being in the catacombs of Paris. I noticed a lot of the characters had masks that resembled what you would see at a masquerade ball or something, very creepy. The layout of the house was very disorienting, and made you guessing where the next "boo" hole would be, and this house has A LOT of them. There's so many places for scare-actors to come out of, but of course they never come out where you would expect. Ok, I'm rambling now, thats about all I have for this house. This was definitely in my top 2.
Rating 4/5

Zombiegeddon: All I can say about this house is... what the hell?? I was very disappointed, but in the house's defense, it was only preview night. The scareactors had hardly any energy and I only got a few really good scares in here. You're basically walking through a training facility that teaches how to kill zombies, although it seemed like towards the end of the house the zombies had gotten loose and were just doing whatever zombies do best. There are a lot of smells used in this house, I got the impression of a dirty rotting zombie smell. There was one part that literally smelled like some serious B.O., it was pretty gross. The house wasn't my favorite, but I will say it has great POTENTIAL.
Rating 2/5

Hades: One word to describe this house: AMAZING. From the set details to the costumes, this house blew me away. I had really high expectations for this house, and I wasn't let down. My favorite part of this house was the costumes. Universal put so much creativity into creating so many creatures for this house, and it definitely shows. A lot of the creatures were larger than life, so just by their presence it was enough to scare me. This house has a ton of things hanging that you have to push through and some of the rooms don't give a clear direction of where you're supposed to be going. There's a great use of sounds and air effects to scare you. I wish I could say more, but I'll have to go through the houses again to really grasp everything.
Rating 5/5

Legendary Truth: This is another house that I feel was lacking the proper energy, but has HUGE potential. This house really has the "traditional" haunted house feel. The set was amazing, especially the facade. I appreciated all the special effects, most of which I missed just because I got the timing wrong, but there's more "in-the-walls" scares than "in-your-face" but it didn't make it any less creepy. One thing that this house taught me is things are not always as they seem, and realizing that after the first couple scenes really put me on the edge through the rest of the house. I don't really want to give away any of the special effects, but I'll give a hint: a wall is not always JUST a wall.
Rating 4/5

Well that's about all I got to see, but it looks like this year is going to be promising. This is my first review ever, so sorry for the lack of details. Just thought I would share.

mrevil

mrevil

I actually post here

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts
  • LocationDaytona Beach
  • Favorite Year:2009
  • Favorite House:Silver Screams
  • First HHN:2008

Hey Everyone! new to posting but not to the boards :biggrin: I was able to go last night and unfortunately didnt get to see as much as I wanted, mainly due to the people I was with, but what I did see made me sooo excited to go again this weekend and I definitely saw a huge potential for a great season this year. I'll do my best to write what I can about the houses I went in, but because I was screaming my head off through most of them I didnt catch all the details. Here it goes:

Hallow'd Past: This was the first house of the night, and after walking out of it the first thing I thought was "this is definitely not the scariest house." Yes, there were a couple great moments of fear(not the character lol), but overall it kinda felt like a Horror Nights museum, not that I see that as a bad thing at all. For the most part you walked through rows of big shelves full of old props and scenery, which I thought was really cool and I cant wait to go back and actually catch all the details. The rest of the house honestly has no sense of story-line or flow. You walked from room to room jumping in and out of past houses, although it was fun walking into a room and recalling past memories. That's about all I can say about the house. Not to spoil anything for anyone, but here's some of the rooms I can remember:

Spoiler

Rating: 3/5

Catacombs: Second house of the night. This house definitely gives the feeling of walking through a very old underground crypt. The costumes were nothing like I expected and really compliment the back-story of being in the catacombs of Paris. I noticed a lot of the characters had masks that resembled what you would see at a masquerade ball or something, very creepy. The layout of the house was very disorienting, and made you guessing where the next "boo" hole would be, and this house has A LOT of them. There's so many places for scare-actors to come out of, but of course they never come out where you would expect. Ok, I'm rambling now, thats about all I have for this house. This was definitely in my top 2.
Rating 4/5

Zombiegeddon: All I can say about this house is... what the hell?? I was very disappointed, but in the house's defense, it was only preview night. The scareactors had hardly any energy and I only got a few really good scares in here. You're basically walking through a training facility that teaches how to kill zombies, although it seemed like towards the end of the house the zombies had gotten loose and were just doing whatever zombies do best. There are a lot of smells used in this house, I got the impression of a dirty rotting zombie smell. There was one part that literally smelled like some serious B.O., it was pretty gross. The house wasn't my favorite, but I will say it has great POTENTIAL.
Rating 2/5

Hades: One word to describe this house: AMAZING. From the set details to the costumes, this house blew me away. I had really high expectations for this house, and I wasn't let down. My favorite part of this house was the costumes. Universal put so much creativity into creating so many creatures for this house, and it definitely shows. A lot of the creatures were larger than life, so just by their presence it was enough to scare me. This house has a ton of things hanging that you have to push through and some of the rooms don't give a clear direction of where you're supposed to be going. There's a great use of sounds and air effects to scare you. I wish I could say more, but I'll have to go through the houses again to really grasp everything.
Rating 5/5

Legendary Truth: This is another house that I feel was lacking the proper energy, but has HUGE potential. This house really has the "traditional" haunted house feel. The set was amazing, especially the facade. I appreciated all the special effects, most of which I missed just because I got the timing wrong, but there's more "in-the-walls" scares than "in-your-face" but it didn't make it any less creepy. One thing that this house taught me is things are not always as they seem, and realizing that after the first couple scenes really put me on the edge through the rest of the house. I don't really want to give away any of the special effects, but I'll give a hint: a wall is not always JUST a wall.
Rating 4/5

Well that's about all I got to see, but it looks like this year is going to be promising. This is my first review ever, so sorry for the lack of details. Just thought I would share.

when in the catacombs, i think the masks may be a reference to edgar allan poe's "cask of amontillado"
i heard they would use holograms in the legendary truth house, did they?
also where did you see open flame?
^how much of pi I have memorized^

-Deep fried PB & J w/ banana sandwiches 4 LIFE!

rakunz

rakunz

Don't mind me

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Hey all! This is my first time posting, but I am not new to the boards. I went to EP night last night and just thought I would share my opninon of the event.
So without further delay, IMO EP night was a huge success! I think this year's event is quite awesome and overall one of the better years but not the best. So here's my review:

***SOME SPOILERS FOLLOW, SO READ ON WITH CAUTION***

Entrance: This was the most disappointing part of this years event, period! There was nothing, nada, nilch, just a video screen playing the video from the website, you know the one where all the icons are talking about fear and such. It doesn't do a good job of setting a guest up for what is going on inside the park. Definitely a let down but the rest of the park makes up for it!

Fear as an Icon: Well the idea of fear being the icon for the 20th anniversary is kind of not suprising to me, I mean that is what this event is all about, being scared and having fun. I like how they intertwined all of the five icons into fears storyline, it was a good idea. The costume was interesting and the mask was cool, even though some might disagree with me. I think the roman numerals of past years engraved into his chest and arm was really neat and the little characters around him swirling around his stilts were kind of cool. So overall I was impressed with his presentation.

Scarezones: I really enjoyed this year's scarezones.

ZombieGras: This one was a lot of fun, not really scary, but a lot of fun. I enjoyed hearing the mardi gras music from Uni's parade playing while zombies roam in front of Disaster. The float looked really cool and the costumes fit the whole mardi gras theme. Overall fun zone. Some great zombie acting as well.

Saws and Steam: Ahhhhh, this was a great scarezone! I love when they use this alleyway in New York!! Very effective and the chainsaws added an awesome touch. There was like a scream a second as I was walking through this zone, it was really awesome. Not to mention the art direction for the zone was truly inspired, steam punk with chainsaws enough said!

The Coven: Well, this zone was hit and miss for me. I really enjoyed the story and atmosphere of the witch village, but I didn't have one person try to scare me the three times I walked through it. I mean it is a scare zone right? Anyway still a cool walkthrough for the atmosphere and decor but overall the actors really need to step it up in this zone, except the guys that are being burned at the stake, they were priceless!

Fear Revealed: So I already talked about fear, and his presence here is cool in front of the double Xs, but the rest of the scarezone was more of a glorified photo op. Now I am not complaining about this because I took a lot of pics, so I am guilty, but as a scarezone IT WAS NOT SCARY. (SPOILER ALERT!!!) Now I did love love love the fact that eddie and cindy were walking around along with the five icons represented in this zone, that was cool. AND FOR ONCE EDDIE WAS NOT FAT!!! I love the little scenes for each icon and overall this is a neat photo op...errr I mean scare zone this year. Also the fire barge was not working anytime I walked through this zone, but it is there.

Pumpkin way: Though this is not listed as a scare zone, it's there. I love these pumpkins! This scene is sooooo Halloween for me and it gives me goosebumps everytime I walk through it. IT's fun and not scary but creates such a cool atmosphere! One of the great additions to this zone are the pumpkins with the faces of the icons carved into them in the trees, they are really cool!

HHN 20 Years of Fear: WOW! I loved this scarezone! The prop warehouse facade was great and the amount of scareactors that was in this zone was impressive! I loved seeing all of these charcters again, it was like stepping back into the past (which was the idea). Not to mention also seeing all of the props from years past was really cool as well! I loved the lighting, audio and the atmosphere. This zone was really neat everytime I walked through it and Chucky crawling on the ground was priceless!!!

Esqueleto Muerte: This zone was all about visual appeal. It looked great lit up with the black lights, but again none of the actors tried to scare me! I loved the costumes and the design of the whole zone, but this one has potential to be really creepy if the actors step it up and get creative with their scares. Overall good fun!

Houses: This year was a strong year for houses! I made it through six of them and didn't get a chance to go to Hades or Havoc. All together this year was probably the most balanced it has been for years. Every house was good, if not great! I actually jumped several times and that is a hard feat to accomplish.

Horror Nights the Hallow'd Past: This house was GREAT! I loved the first room! Walking through that warehouse and seeing all the shelves filled with props from years past was awesome! You could walk through a whole bunch of times and still see something new everytime. IT IS JAM PACKED WITH PROPS! The vortex tunnel was great and the subsequent rooms were strong and smart choices for a mash-up house! Thoroughly enjoyed this one!

Catacombs Black Death Rising: You know, I was really suprised by this one. The atmosphere of this house is incredible! The detailed catacomb scenic work was really cool! Great pop out scares and overall a creepy house! Definitely a lot better than Chucky last year.

The Orfanage: Now when I was walking through this house, I really felt like I was going through a burned down building. The wood is really burnt and seems to have been treated so that the ash wouldn't get on guests. The feel for this house really kept me on edge because of the whole little kid factor and the costumes were creepy with what seemed to be the masks from the school house scare zone two years ago. Overall this was a good house and probably one of the better ones to be in Jaws. I am just happy that finally Cindy gets her chance to shine!

Zombiegeddon: The curse of the Disaster house is over...IMO. I really enjoyed the tongue in cheek nature of the first half of this house. Then it takes a turn for the serious and the house just gets better after that! I love zombies and I think this is a great zombie house! Zombie Freezer is all I am going to say! Overall a lot of fun!

Psychoscareapy Echos of Shadybrook: This house was one of the better ones this year. I really liked how they ditched the whole toungue and cheek humor of the house's past (even though I really liked those houses as well) and embraced it's creepier side by having us walk through the abandonded insane asylum. Great scares and really cool rooms to walk through. The cell block scene was great! Oh and don't forget to push the RED BUTTON when you see a certain clown, something great happens when you do, not so great for the people behind you though!

Legendary Truth The Wyandot Estate: All right, this house was good, but the costumes really dragged it down for me. I loved the atmosphere and the house looked really really awesome! But the costumes, particualrly the glow in the dark masks were cheeeeeesy, ugh. And the most dissapointing part is that the pop out zones are great, but then are ruined by laughter at the masks. The guy crawling under the floor was priceless and you know he is going to see up a lot of people's shorts and skirts lol. The guys on heelies that fly back and forth were also neat and unexpected. The effects in this house were great but were again dragged down by those darn masks, did I mention ugh. Oh and keep an eye out for the special appearance from a certain someone in the form of a pepper's ghost effect.

I didn't get to see the Bill and Ted show or the magician but I am going back tomorrow night to see what I didn't get to last night. Also keep in mind that everyone gets a different show due to cast changes and effects going off at different times. These were my experiences and overall I really enjoyed this years EP night and am looking forward to going to the event again and again and again lol.

mrevil

mrevil

I actually post here

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts
  • LocationDaytona Beach
By the way, does anyone who went remember the cell phone games? if so i'd like the codes for 'em please....

RichieRocket

RichieRocket

I actually post here

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

By the way, does anyone who went remember the cell phone games? if so i'd like the codes for 'em please....

The only one I have read about so far is text TRUTH to 64646 - Legendary Truth house

dalejr24

dalejr24

Don't mind me

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

when in the catacombs, i think the masks may be a reference to edgar allan poe's "cask of amontillado"
i heard they would use holograms in the legendary truth house, did they?
also where did you see open flame?

I believe there were some holograms used. Honestly can't remember everything, this house has so much to look at and it's easy to miss something. Also, I didn't see open flames in any of the houses I went in, but it was EP night, so who knows if all the effects were working. And, there were three houses I didn't get to see, so it might be in one of those.

mrevil

mrevil

I actually post here

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts
  • LocationDaytona Beach

The only one I have read about so far is text TRUTH to 64646 - Legendary Truth house

i played around with the cell number (64646). i got some responses. I just texted parts of the house names ad this is what i got so far:
TRUTH- legendary truth story
HADES- hades story

PAST- hallow'd past quiz
HAVOC- dogs of war quiz

TIMES- wait times

dalejr24

dalejr24

Don't mind me

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

i played around with the cell number (64646). i got some responses. I just texted parts of the house names ad this is what i got so far:
TRUTH- legendary truth story
HADES- hades story

PAST- hallow'd past quiz
HAVOC- dogs of war quiz

TIMES- wait times

ZAP is the word for Zombiegeddon

HHNsk8r

HHNsk8r

Don't mind me

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts