JAWS & Amity Area - 1990, 1993-2012

• You cannot reply to this topic
125 replies to this topic

WESKER69

WESKER69

Pure Evil

• PSYCHO
  • 5,514 posts

i believe the bottom of the BTTF queue was used for the line for psycho in 06, so it wasn't completely walled off.

Ah yes, now i remember, they hadn't walled off BTTF yet. I do remember them extending the queue line for PsychoPath near that area.

as for mardi gras, i guess they could go out next to BJ, down NY/Pro. Central/HY, up the street next to the lagoon(cant remember the name) and back into that alley, but that is a tad short for the parade.
OR, maybe they just put walls along the games/ride and the parade goes as normal. only time will tell...

the parade route for Macys is as follows-
Beetlejuice, Lagoon side of NY, lagoon side of production central, around Mels, down Hollywood blvd, up through plaza of the stars (which currently has construction walls up for Despicable Me), past the rockit stage, then through NY past Mummy and back through the Beetlejuice gates..

So maybe anyone who either worked/went to Macys today can give us some insight on how the Despicable Me construction affected the parade. That area is tight for the balloons already...

Posted Image
*~* fReAK :: INFECTED :: PSYCHO :: Moderator *~*

foREVer56

foREVer56

BACCANOID

• PSYCHO
  • 1,580 posts
  • Favorite Year:2011
  • Favorite House:NOES, Catacombs, SH 3, ST III, IB, WN,Gothic
  • First HHN:2005
so pretty much what i said backwards :p lol but yea i'd like to know how that worked, with only one sidewalk open for viewing and the street being fairly tight already for the balloons..

XV-XVI-XVII-XVIII-XIX-XX-XXI-XXII-XXIII
HOS13
Favorite Houses:
2005: The Skool
2006: Screamhouse:Ressurection
2007: Nightmare on Elm Street:Dreamwalkers(All-Time Fav)
2008: Scary Tales: Once Upon A Nightmare
2009: Silver Screams
2010: Catacombs:Black Death Rising
2011: Winter's Night: The Haunting of Hawthorn Cemetry
2012: Gothic

2013: An American Werewolf in London
HOS13: Zombie Mortuary
BACCANOID

Nightshade

Nightshade

I dont go outside

• PSYCHO
  • 860 posts
  • LocationOrlando
  • First HHN:2001
The original closing of Jaws essentially gave us our first HHN house. However, I think the key difference here is that this closure is PERMANENT. They aren't just fiddling with the ride and consequently leaving the queue available for whatever use, they're destroying the entire area. They also have to replace it. In other words, they have no reason to waste time and leave anything standing for unusually long. Considering its early January closure, I honestly do not expect any part of the attraction to survive until October. FFL? I guess we'll see. I'm not liking the idea of a "two park" event considering the inherent limitations involved, but I could easily see B&T needing a new home as soon as next year.

Mardi Gras would start at Beetlejuice. It's a shorter route, but it'll have to do.

foREVer56

foREVer56

BACCANOID

• PSYCHO
  • 1,580 posts
  • Favorite House:NOES, Catacombs, SH 3, ST III, IB, WN,Gothic
  • First HHN:2005
where could B&T go if AA and BJ are out if FFL will indeed be gone and we stay only in the studios? i guess they could try terminator

XV-XVI-XVII-XVIII-XIX-XX-XXI-XXII-XXIII
HOS13
Favorite Houses:
2005: The Skool
2006: Screamhouse:Ressurection
2007: Nightmare on Elm Street:Dreamwalkers(All-Time Fav)
2008: Scary Tales: Once Upon A Nightmare
2009: Silver Screams
2010: Catacombs:Black Death Rising
2011: Winter's Night: The Haunting of Hawthorn Cemetry
2012: Gothic

2013: An American Werewolf in London
HOS13: Zombie Mortuary
BACCANOID

Guest_evilsneetch_*

Guest_evilsneetch_*
  • Guests
I read somewhere that the FFL contracts were renewed for another 2 years with the show coming back to NBC, so stop worrying about that. While they can put up work walls Jan 3rd, there is no reason to move them all the way out to the street until major area construction starts. And at that, it should only effect one half of the street until they are well into ride construction and have to begin area construction. Once that starts there is no reason they can't shut off USF at the Disaster exit and at FFL Courtyard, for a few months at least to set new roads and get the main pathway construction finished.

Nightshade

Nightshade

I dont go outside

• PSYCHO
  • 860 posts
  • LocationOrlando

I read somewhere that the FFL contracts were renewed for another 2 years with the show coming back to NBC, so stop worrying about that.

Oh good. For a second there, I was really worried that we'd lose Fear Factor Live. :evil:

Guest_evilsneetch_*

Guest_evilsneetch_*
  • Guests
More to the point, the venue isn't closing down, but I enjoyed the sarcasm.

WESKER69

WESKER69

Pure Evil

• PSYCHO
  • 5,514 posts

While they can put up work walls Jan 3rd, there is no reason to move them all the way out to the street until major area construction starts. And at that, it should only effect one half of the street until they are well into ride construction and have to begin area construction. Once that starts there is no reason they can't shut off USF at the Disaster exit and at FFL Courtyard, for a few months at least to set new roads and get the main pathway construction finished.

^so basically what i said above and what they are doing over at DCA right now. Work walls up on either side with the main path still open. It makes the most sense.

Posted Image

Guest_evilsneetch_*

Guest_evilsneetch_*
  • Guests
Eh, I think San Fran isn't far enough back in the park to warrant keeping the path open when major construction begins. Main path is going to have to be ripped out eventually unless the new ride is set in New England.

WESKER69

WESKER69

Pure Evil

• PSYCHO
  • 5,514 posts
Here are some aerial shots of JAWS/Amity...

JAWS - 1990
Posted Image
^You'll notice that there is NO 3rd queue building which is best known for being used for the first half of houses during HHN 2006-2011

JAWS - 1993-2011 "Dry"
Posted Image
^this image above shows off the entire AMITY area & JAWS...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Ecto Freak

Ecto Freak

I post more than most

• fReAK
  • PipPipPip
  • 489 posts
  • LocationOrlando
I think Amity covers 6 acres but I could be wrong. She looked so pretty in 1990

Mateo

Mateo

I dont go outside

• THE INFECTED
  • 751 posts
  • LocationTampa
  • Favorite Year:2010
  • Favorite House:Hades, Nightingale's Blood Prey
  • First HHN:2010
I think universal makes some stupid decisions sometimes, I am really going to miss jaws. I remember being a little kid and crying because I didn't want to go on it! But let me tell you if they make it into transformers I am going to roundhouse kick someone square in the face! I swear they better not touch E.T. EVER!

Posted Image[

WESKER69

WESKER69

Pure Evil

• PSYCHO
  • 5,514 posts
Today I present you with this....

^another reason why JAWS should never be removed...

Posted Image

Nightshade

Nightshade

I dont go outside

• PSYCHO
  • 860 posts
  • LocationOrlando
I think I've found the answer to keeping Jaws relevant for an entirely new generation. This would really improve the ride tenfold. They should seriously take this into consideration before it's too late.

WESKER69

WESKER69

Pure Evil

• PSYCHO
  • 5,514 posts
Posted Image

Posted Image

Mateo

Mateo

I dont go outside

• THE INFECTED
  • 751 posts
  • LocationTampa
  • Favorite Year:2010
  • Favorite House:Hades, Nightingale's Blood Prey
  • First HHN:2010
Awww what a cute commic poor jaws R.I.P.

Posted Image[

DoucheCanoe1022

DoucheCanoe1022

I actually post here

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts
  • LocationDestin
  • Favorite House:HR BLOOD AND GUTS

I think universal makes some stupid decisions sometimes, I am really going to miss jaws. I remember being a little kid and crying because I didn't want to go on it! But let me tell you if they make it into transformers I am going to roundhouse kick someone square in the face! I swear they better not touch E.T. EVER!

I cried when my parents used to take me on Jaws all the time, I'm going to miss it alot. On the other hand i would be totally happy with a new thrill ride. E.T. houses my childhood memories the smell is beyond amazing and if they took it out I would be right there with you.
[img]http://http://www.flickr.com/photos/joeltelling/69492277/[/img] CHEA

Guest_evilsneetch_*

Guest_evilsneetch_*
  • Guests
The film may be dated, but don't forget the cost of the ride itself that is coming into play here. Not only the fire effects and the fuel costs for the boats, but paying the Skippers more than a normal attraction attendant. Jaws is by far the most expensive ride to run in the Studios.

SotoSaki

SotoSaki

I actually post here

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • LocationMiami, FL
  • Favorite House:The In-Between, Dead End
  • First HHN:2011
Personally, I'm really sad about Jaws being cleared out. I've got some great memories of that ride from various trips with family and friends over the years. As long as it isn't any of these ridiculous Harry Potter rumors or Transformers then I'll be ok with this change as long as it's at the very least an interesting concept to replace it. I'm sick of Sim/3D Sim rides.

I actually would be ok with E.T. being gone. I don't have any particular attachment to that ride and I guess the first time I rode it I was past the age for the ride to really imprint itself on me. Different strokes and all that I suppose.

Strikesatnoon

Strikesatnoon

I post more than most

• fReAK
  • PipPipPip
  • 371 posts
  • LocationOrlando, Fl
I am kind of sad that they are taking Jaws. I knew it was coming especially with the avatar land that universal has to one up some how, but with what?
what could possible make universal more money than Avatar could?
I personally wouldn't mind transformers ride, I love transformers. Do I love transformers more than Jaws? heck no. Jaws is timeless, how many people tried to do another jaws compared to transformers?
Do you think they will keep the Jaws statue?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

members, lurkers, anonymous users